Tavex is pleased to present the 2020 Canadian Bobcat gold coin, a worldwide hallmark of exceptional artisanship and purity. Issued by the Royal Canadian Mint, this coin is crafted in 99.999% pure gold, the highest standard in the world today. Bobcat is the seventh gold bullion coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s Call of the Wild series. This unique bullion coin is a remarkable allegorical interpretation of Canada’s untamed yet beautiful wilderness and will thus be a cherished piece in anyone’s portfolio or coin collection.
The coin is embellished with the striking image of the bobcat (Lynx rufus), an opportunistic hunter that packs quite a punch, and has been observed taking prey much larger than itself. The bobcat is a solitary and cryptic animal. It rarely vocalizes, but will yowl during mating season, especially if two males are competing for the same female. The rhythmic resonance emitted from bobcat's gorge is portrayed as curved lines in the background of the coin.
The bobcat is often confused with the Canada lynx, but it is smaller than the lynx, with shorter ear tufts, spotted fur, and a white underside on its short “bobbed” tail. Its face more closely resembles that of a housecat, and just like other cats, it can hiss, snarl, purr and growl. The bobcat's sharp teeth shine dangerously on the reverse of this 99.999 % pure gold bullion coin. The Bobcat bullion coin is struck in a proof-like condition with exceptionally brilliant surfaces and enhanced engraved areas that reinforce the realistic likeness of the bobcat's fur.
- The Canadian Bobcat gold coin is the seventh coin in the world famous Royal Mint's “Call of the Wild” series in 1-ounce 99.999% pure gold.
- The Canadian Bobcat gold coin is made in proof-like condition. Rendered in exquisite detail by Royal Canadian Mint engravers and struck with such high quality and brilliance, this coin celebrates the bobcat and is the ultimate tribute to one of nature’s most powerful animals.
- The Canadian Bobcat gold coin is popular with astute collectors. Currently, the only individually packaged coin (not part of a set) with these specifications, this 99.999% pure gold coin will be a stunning addition to any coin collection.
- The Canadian Bobcat gold coin is the purest form of gold available on earth. Crafted in the Royal Canadian Mint’s exacting standard of 99.999% pure gold, the highest standard of pure gold available in the world, there are few people who will have the privilege of laying their hands on something as peerless as this 99.999% pure gold bullion coin.
- The Canadian Bobcat gold coin comes with extra layers of security. It features a micro-engraved maple leaf laser mark in the coin’s field. In the centre of the mark, visible under magnification, is the numeral “20”, denoting the coin’s year of issue. Signed by the RCM’s Chief Assayer, the assay certificate on the back of the card certifies the authenticity and purity of the coin.
- The Canadian Bobcat gold coin comes in security package. This coin Unique credit-card sized packaging ideal for easy handling and storing.
- The Canadian Bobcat gold coin is money. It has the highest face value ($200 CAN) of any legal tender 1 oz. gold bullion coin.